Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bargain shopping at its best

So yesterday I had a little shopping spree at the thrift store (DI). I've been needing some new pieces for my wardrobe for a little while, but being a poor college student trying to save up money for camera equipment, buying the things I want is nearly impossible. So, to the DI it was. Here are the items I purchased:


Cotton shirt: $4.00

White woven belt: $1.00

Will leave both items as purchased.


Jean skirt: $6.00

Woven belt: $1.00

Cute toenails: Priceless

Will most likely cut skirt to mid-knee and hem, possibly stitching something cute into it somewhere ;)


Jean material dress: $5.00

Studded belt: $1.50

Will probably cut dress to about knee level (possibly slightly above) and hem. Might also cut the sleeves or the neckline to make it a deep V. Belt needs to be superglued, it’s falling apart a little bit but is still really cute.

Jean jacket: $6.00

Golden rose brooch (Walmart): $1.98

Black maxi beach dress: My own

Considering cutting the sleeves of the jacket because they’re a little tight on my arms, but otherwise leaving it pretty much as is. I’ve been wanting a jean jacket for months now and this one was a steal.

Leather cross-body bag: $4.00

Feather brooch: My own

I am so in love with this bag. Like, I cannot even tell you how much. I have been wanting a nice, sturdy cross-body purse for ages now, and this one is amaaaazing. Definitely a great purchase.


All in all, just a great day for thrifting ;)

1 comment:

  1. Jeej for thrifting!
    It's hard finding nice clothes when on a tight budget, I know. (I am a student too). I love sale and I only buy clothes on sale and I sometimes get clothes from other people, that they don't want anymore.

    You should do that with your roommates, it's fun! Just let everyone bring all the stuff they don't want anymore and trade:)

    ReplyDelete