Sunday, October 2, 2011

Cabin Fever

I spent this last weekend in a cabin in the woods, and it was incredible. My friend Katie asked me last week if I would like to join her and her parents and brother at their family cabin in Island Park, Idaho, and I accepted without a second thought. I love cabins and especially the freedom of being in the woods, away from the internet, television, and life in general. The cabin was everything I hoped it would be; small, endearing, right smack dab in the middle of the woods, and about 3 minutes away from the lake. It was perfect, to say the least.
Photobucket
The cabin's name was "The Crow's Nest", owned by Katie's grandparent's, the Crowley's.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Every room in the cabin had a title. I thought it was so cute!
Photobucket
Along the wall were posted drawings from grandchildren over the years, coloring scenes of crows in different scenes, costumes, and as characters from tv shows, movies, and famous paintings. It was the best thing I have ever seen ;)
Photobucket
Saturday morning I got up a little earlier than the rest of the family and went exploring around the cabin and through the woods. I took some photos around the place and was able to catch the morning sun.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
P.S. This is my new Yashica-Mat film camera that my buddy gave to me last week! I wanted to take a few photos of it while I was at the cabin before I buy film for it and test it out :) I love it so much gah!
Photobucket
That afternoon we decided to walk to the lake and go canoeing on the water. It was a beautiful day, so perfect for being out on the lake, and I had such a blast!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Katie's younger brother Chris. He was a crack-up!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Me and Katie!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I found a crawdad claw on the dock after we finished canoeing
Photobucket
Later Katie and I decided to go for a ride around the island on her family's old tandem bicycle. It was so much fun--even though the chain broke about halfway around and we got lost a couple of times...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
That evening I just spent with the family watching movies and soaking in the last afternoon of laziness. It was such an amazing weekend, and I was so glad I got to go :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Hope your weekend was just as great!

2 comments:

  1. uhuh great photos, great moood. and i love the one of you sitting in the boat in the forest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Whitney, looks like a kool place, some great light out there.....
    I was in Morro Bay, shooting too, this past weekend, with some friends and their horses, very challenging...... catch u on flickr, Schooner

    ReplyDelete